Saturday, December 04, 2004

Why I like Reggae music

On November 3 I came home from work and listened to Bob Marley CDs for about 3 hours to try and find a way to cope with the outcome of the election.

When I got a tattoo around my wrist in 1998 the only way I could get through it was to play Bob Marley's Legend.

In that same year, I had a life-changing "spiritual experience" while listening to another Marley CD.

Prior to that, continual listening to Marley tapes on my walkman while working as a rural mail carrier saved my sanity, if not my life. At least it kept me from "going postal".

Marley and other Reggae musicians used uplifting music, the blessed herb, and a positive attitude to endure oppression and overcome hardships. Thank Jah Rastafari for the recordings they made so that we can all have our souls soothed in these troubled times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home