Sunday, January 16, 2005

Live from New York

Yes, I still love it. It was wet and cold when I arrived but the bus/subway ride into Manhattan from the airport wasn't nearly as bad as I'd anticipated. The weather as a whole hasn't been as bad as I anticipated and we've gone out more than I expected that we would.

We stayed in the first night, and then yesterday went to Times Square, then rode the subway up to the north tip of Manhattan to Inwood Park. I was suprised to see mallard ducks swimming with the sea gulls in an inlet by the park. Steve said that the water there is salt water.

Last night we went to Tribeca Rock Club to see the Yohimbe Brothers. DJ Logic was wearing a Lance Armstrong bracelet and when I asked him about it he introduced himself and said that they would be in Austin for SXSW. The band mostly rocked... the singer was impressive.

We're getting ready to go over to Chinatown with our cameras. The trip is going by too fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home