Tuesday, January 04, 2005

New Year 2005

Friday, December 31, I left Austin and went to Del Rio. The drive down was easier than I thought it would be, it only took about four and a half hours. I went down to help my friend Sarah who is the Innkeeper at the Villa Del Rio Bed and Breakfast. She had 8 guests for the week end and the owners were taking a group kayaking on the Pecos River, so Sarah had only herself and the housekeeper Debbie to serve breakfast. I learned just how much work is involved in running such an operation.

On both Friday afternoon and New Year's day we went across the border to Cuidad Acuna and spent a couple of hours. Sarah was a wonderful hostess and is a gourmet cook. She also knows where all the good shops are in Acuna, and which place has the best Margaritas.

Sunday morning after breakfast, I took the scenic route back to Austin, traveling through miles of Texas without ever seeing another vehicle. In addition to beautiful scenery, I saw several flocks of sheep and/or goats, a Mexican eagle, bison, a jackrabbit and a javalina. The last two were roadkill, but they count.

It was a nice way to start the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home