Monday, March 21, 2005

Incredible week

My head's still spinning from all the activities of this last week. It was beyond cool.

Tuesday night Hoops and I went to Ray Benson's birthday bash. We scoped out the silent auction, (benefiting Health Alliance for Austin Musicians) then got some of the free gourmet food that was brought in by various caterers. My favorite was the tequila lime grilled shrimp. A number of musicians came in to play with Ray: Bob Schneider, Ian Moore, Jane Bond, Red Volkart, Johnny Gimble and his son and granddaughter, and others that I can't remember right now. Hoops and I latched on to the only chair in the place and took turns sitting in it. We also let some of our friends sit a while. Nelly and Ms. K were there.

We went to the Austin Music Awards on Wednesday. We helped work the South Austin Museum booth. Since we were the only booth there, we got lots of visitors. We were only there to publicize the museum, not to sell anything. Emma got the job of getting the autographs of the musicians who were getting awards or who were playing on the show, as well as other celebs, on an event poster, which was to be framed and put up in the museum. My job was to take pictures of her doing it. As a result, we got to go back stage and I got pictures of her with a lot of the artists: Dale Watson, Pinetop Perkins, Alvin Crow, and many others.

More updates tomorrow, I'm crashing here....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home