Monday, March 28, 2005

Paranoia in Wal Mart Land

I went to East Texas this weekend to visit my grandson. As I was driving through Rockdale a cop who had been coming toward me wheeled around after he passed and then pulled up behind me. As a middle-aged white woman who drives a several-years-old domestic car, I don't exactly fit any of their profiles, so I shouldn't have had that wave of paranoia wash over me. About 20 minutes prior to that, however, I'd enjoyed a phat roach at the picnic area outside town. I had Lil Jon and the East Side Boyz blastin' on the CD player, which intensified the sinister vibe the cop engendered.

I took what I thought was brilliant evasive action, I pulled into the Wal Mart parking lot.

La-la-la, it's just me, Ms. American Citizen, going to finish off
what's left of my local economy while at the same time financing the buildup of the Chinese military.

It worked, the cop went on his way and then so did I. I know I was probably being silly, but the little side trip DID make me feel better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home