Wednesday, May 25, 2005

John Deere Party Supplies

My grandson is going to have his 3rd birthday party next month, and I can't believe it, but I just paid $55 for John Deere paper plates, napkins, and balloons. How crazy is that? It was basically extorted from me, the price I'm paying for having his parents change the day of the party from one week end till the next...never mind, it's a long story and a boring one.

And speaking of obscene consumerism, an article in today's New York Times tells about giant malls being built in China. The Golden Resources mall in Beijing is 6 million square feet, and bigger ones are being built. Wonder if they'll have Wal-Marts in them.

Bumper sticker spotting--on a car in the state parking garage:

I'm still pissed at Yoko

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home