Sunday, July 24, 2005

Good weekend

After the trip to the Hole in the Wall Friday night the rest of the week end was relaxing and uneventful. Saturday I went to the dojo for Aikido practice and this morning I went to church to help out in the 2-4-yr.-old Sunday school class. Other than that I just took it easy.

Rented a couple of movies last night:
One was the Free Tibet concert from 97. Great line-up....Rage Against the Machine, Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys, Buddy Guy, John Lee Hooker, Bjork, and others. It was good to see old favorites, Mike D., Zach De La Rocha, and Anthony Kiedis all in one night. It was also good to see them raising awareness about Tibet. Of all the agrevious wrongs going on in the world today, the people of Tibet have as much reason as anyone to cry out for help. The film got bad reviews, but I liked it well enough.

Some links:
The second video was the 1974 movie Steppenwolf. I've read the Hermann Hesse novel several times over the years. Every once in a while I need to revisit it to see if I've learned anything since reading it the time before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home