Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Turd Blossom

The Austin American Statesman joined about a dozen other papers that pulled Doonesbury for two days because the script quoted Bush's nickname for Karl Rove. Here and here are the strips in question. I orginially thought it was the wrong thing to do, but maybe things are not as they seem. The media loves controvresy, if there's some crap stirred up then we are more likely to hear about it. These papers brought more attention to the strip by censoring it...maybe that was the plan all along.

On the way home from friends' house tonight I saw 6 or 7 different people about my age who were obviously homeless. It must be horrible to be sore and tired and have to endure the heat and mosquitoes. I can't imagine the discomfort they must experience. It makes me wish I could do something to help, but what? I have trouble taking care of myself. I am thankful every day for all my blessings. I live simply but comfortably. I wish that everyone else in the world Could have a life as good as mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home