Monday, August 01, 2005

Free music!

I heard great music three times this week end and it was all free! That's what I'm talkin' about...Austin, Texas RULES.

Friday night son #2 and I went to the Bob Bullock Museum for Music Under the Star. Performing were Charles Thibodeaux and the Bayou Cajun Band. It was great to see couples, older people, parents, and children of all ages dancing to the accordion, the fiddle and the Zydeco beat.

Saturday night Ms. Pixels and I went to hear Oliver Rajamani at Central Market. You can savor Pix's beautiful account of the outing here.

Sunday night I went to Zilker Park to see the summer theater production of Annie Get Your Gun. In my opinion, the star of the show was Jordan Barron who plays Little Jake Oakley. Jordan will begin sixth grade this fall. He was the only kid in the cast, but he could act, dance and sing as well as the rest of them. I'm sure the world will be hearing more about Jordan.

It would be wonderful if all of life was as pleasant as those three weekend musical experiences. Unfortunately, the Bush administration is the reality we have to live with. Tonight I read this upsetting story about Dr. Mollie Fry and her husband Dale Schafer who were running a medical marijuana clinic in California. The federal government seems to be cracking down on a number of drug policy reformers.

1 Comments:

Blogger pix said...

Ms. Myst0nia, you are also one of the things that makes this city so cool. *wink*

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home