Thursday, October 27, 2005

October's ending

When I left work this afternoon, I had every intention of going to Aikido practice, but I didn't make it, mainly because I'm tired from last night. Friends came in from out of town for their brother's gig at Antones. Tommy Castro played the blues to an appreciative crowd, which included Pinetop Perkins and Marcia Ball. LZ Love and Shawn Pitman opened for him. Tommy announced that he and Marcia had made a recording together the night before. It's a holiday song that will be distributed free to fans via the internet.

Our party got to sit in the VIP section, a first for me. Mostly we danced our asses off. Afterwards we went to Katz's Deli, so didn't get home tilll after 2:00. I had to go to work and it's been a long day.

When I got home today I had a package in the mail. It contained two CDs that my friend Steve burned for me, one with Mott the Hoople, the other a compilation of 60s psychadelic hits, a delightful suprise. I also got this e-mail from him:

So I'm in the dentist's office today and the guy ahead of me looks
familiar... it's Gibby Haynes.
I reintroduced myself as C*****'s friend. He said, "When was the last
time I saw you?"
I said, "Well, I saw your show in Austin last year, but you were kind
of pissed off, so I didn't try to go backstage."
He said, "Good for you."

Masquerade a Go Go -- Saturday night at Ruta Maya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home