Saturday, November 05, 2005

Yipppppieeee!

It's a beautiful fall Austin day. I'm getting to work outside. Guess I should have gone to the anti-Klan rally, but I feel that I've put a fair amount of energy in the fight AGAINST Prop. 2 already.

I've got a yard sign, I blogged about it (Social issues need your attention), and I went out with the GayLesbianTransgendered rights group to hand out flyers on South Congress this 1st Thursday.

As for the Klan march, I was torn between the idea that the best thing to do is to ignore ignorance, and the idea that such ignorance must not go unchallenged. The first one won out by default. I came home from Aikido practice and worked outside raking leaves, watering plants, and picking up pecans. I've been taking a little break, but now it's time to get back to it.....I'm burning daylight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home