Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Music is the essence

When I visit with a new friend for the first time, I am always interested to see what books and music (s)he likes. I'm sorry to say that I can form prejudiced opinions of a person based solely on this information, but I try to keep an open mind.

Accordingly I was getting to know someone new about 10 years ago, and I made a cassette for him of tunes that I liked and that I hoped would help him get to know me better. The cassette was later stolen and I didn't make one for myself, so I only remember the first two songs: Who Was in My Room Last Night, off the Butthole Surfers Independent Worm Saloon album and W. A. Mozart's Laudate Dominum from "Vesperae solennes de Confessore".

I'm sure that some of the rest of the lineup would have changed over the past 10 years, there'd be a lot more World Music now, but these two songs would still come first and second on my Essence of Myst0nia playlist. Infer from that what you may.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home