Monday, May 01, 2006

Democrat Davis Dogg

I've been scarce around the blogsphere the past couple of weeks. That's because all my time has been taken up with a new dog, pictured below.

I found him about to cross a busy street and stopped and threw him in the car, intending to find his owner or take him to the pound. However he has a bad case of mange. If I took him to the pound like that he wouldn't survive an hour.

I really did try to find the owners, but was not successful. Turns out, he's a pretty good dog for a puppy. I've committed to keeping him until the mange clears up, at which time I hope to find a wonderful home for a wonderful dog, or maybe keep him myself.

Positive aspects of the situation: Davis has forced me to get out more. I've been walking him a couple of times a day and have met more of my neighbors in the last 2 weeks than I have in the 3 years I've lived in this neighborhood. I'm also losing weight with the increased activity.

The negative: I really don't have the time, resources, or energy for a dog. I'm too exhausted to train him properly.

The good news is, I don't have to make the decision today. It will take about 2 months for the mange to clear up, so I have some time to decide if the positive aspects of dog-ownership outweigh the negative.

And now....presenting Davis Dogg....

1 Comments:

Blogger pix said...

awww, even with a little mange, he's still handsome and proud. brw, cool name for a dog (and glad to see he's not a republican, that would never work! hehe)

;P

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home