Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day/Yin Yang

Today has been a beautiful Mother's Day, beginning about 7:30 when Davis Dogg and I went for our morning walk. We have been taking a walk every morning for a month now. Davis has a regular group of doggie pals that meet down at the intramural fields every morning and afternoon. We didn't find any of them this morning, but had a great walk anyway. On the way back we stopped off to visit our new friends (human and dog) on the corner.

Davis slept all morning while I went to the UU. I was helping out in the Pre-K class during the first service and then attended the second service. When I got home Son #2 came to take me to East Side Pies for an excellent spinach, mushroom, and black olive pizza. Then he suggested the perfect activity, a visit to the Texas State Cemetery. While walking around that beautiful setting I called my mom to wish her a happy day. I feel very fortunate that my mom is still around and in good shape. After spending awhile in the cemetery we went to Breed and Co. so I could buy a birthday present for my grandson and then stopped by Wheatsville to buy some hemp seed oil.

In the afternoon I had a visit from a friend from New Hampshire. He's a vet and brought medicine for Davis' health problems. He says that Davis should be much improved in about 6 weeks. We took a walk to the archery field where we found some of Davis' usual playmates. It's fun to watch them chase and tumble.

After my friend left, I worked in the garden for awhile. The weather was cool and cloudy, it felt wonderful. Now I'm ending the day in a perfect way...listening to the World Music program on KUT.

I feel so blessed to have enjoyed such a positive and peaceful day. I wish that everyone in the world could have had such a good one.

I had an moment of spiritual enlightenment yesterday. While sitting on my couch in a meditative posture, I noticed that my cat Egypt was sitting at the door watching Davis Dogg. Davis was busy tearing the hell out of a bath sponge that he'd gotten hold of.

Egypt, a black female, was perfectly still and serene, while Davis Dogg, a white male(light-colored, anyway) was wreaking havoc. The positions of the two animals, as well as their attitudes, mimicked the Yin Yang symbol. I wish I'd had my camera to capture the moment, but by the time I got it they'd moved. At any rate, for those few minutes I felt a profound understanding of the unity of all creation, with its ebb and flow of chaos and calm.

I was feeling oh-so peaceful, Jah Wobble was on the CD player and I was doing some serious chillin. About that time Davis started choking on a piece of the sponge. I had to get up and pick up the mess that he'd made. I did it in the shortest possible amount of time, then sat down and went back to my meditation. Eventually Egypt came over and sat in my lap, while Davis lay across my feet. For one whole track (Alam Dub) we grooved together. Moral of this story: Actively pursue peace, and eventually you will find it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Hate Americans!

5:37 AM  
Blogger Myst0nia said...

I'm sorry.

I love Canadians.

9:51 AM  
Blogger pix said...

beautiful post, chiquita ...
and lovely reply above ;)

2:23 PM  
Blogger pix said...

Beautiful post, chiquita, really enjoyed it. And what crawled up ^'s butt? Nice reply. Oh and love the new archive drop-down, too. Have been missing your posts.

And *ding* i just figured out that it's not my 'puter malfunctioning - you've enabled moderation, that's why i couldn't see my earlier comments! hehe ok so keep this one and toss the others! love ya, chickie.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home