Friday, July 28, 2006

Speak out against the maddness

Here is an e-mail that I sent to my congressman:

I write in strong support of H. Con. Res. 450, the bill recently introduced by Rep. Kucinich, and which calls for an immediate cease-fire and for immediate, multi-party negotiations. I know you are as appalled as I am at the deaths of hundreds of Lebanese and over a dozen Israeli civilians.

There is plenty of blame to go around for all of this. But blame is not going to stop the killing. Only a cease-fire and honest negotiations can do that. I fervently hope that you and your colleagues can chart a braver course for American diplomacy in the Middle East.

The current administration has shirked its responsibilities in the region, and massive bloodshed has been the result. The United States must take leadership on this issue and work for a stop to violence and the beginning of honest dialogue. Please vote Yes on H. Con. Res. 450.


You can send your own by going to the Jewish Voice for Peace website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home