Friday, September 15, 2006

Hell week, but a change is gonna come

I've just spent one of the worst weeks I've had in a long time. Last Wednesday I had dental surgery, which was actually the high point, it all went downhill from there.

Spent a couple of days in the La-la land of a pain killer cloud, not too bad there....but as I started to come out of that warm security blanket, the meds turned on me and fried my nerve endings. Then it was time to go back to work.

A serious misunderstanding with two people I considered "best friends" laid me low. I'm not used to having conflict with friends, and in my already low physical state this was devastating. I felt like I was on the ground in a fetal position and huge birds with the faces of these two "friends" were swooping down and tearing at me with their beaks.

At probably the lowest point, a knock came at my door. It was the City of Austin code inspectors, there to tell me that my landlord was supposed to have had me move out by the end of August, due to the fact that my apartment violates some zoning law. The inspectors were sypathetic, but that didn't keep them from throwing out words like "constable" and "eviction". At that point the situation was so bad that it was almost comical.

Wednesday evening I came home from work and melted down. Then rolled myself a doobie and smoked about half. The result was relief in the form of a total attitude change. I was able to see the disagreement with the so-called "friends" as what it was, my getting sucked into a vortex of craziness that I could actually pull myself out of. And the apartment problem, well I was thinking about moving anyway, so this could result in a better place and/or lower rent.

So thanks to the Blessed Herb I regained my (alleged) sanity and sat about my preparations for ACL Fest. Hot damn! Tonight at 9:00 I'll be listening to Van Morrison! Now if that doesn't give a person an attitude adjustment, I don't know what will!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home