Thursday, October 26, 2006

If ya don't know how to do it
I'll show ya how to walk th' dog














It seems that much of my life revolves around dog walking these days. I never intended for it to be this way. And sometimes I wonder what I'm doing with a dog when I said I would never have one again.

Davis has to be walked in the morning and in the evening or he has way too much energy. In the morning I walk down to the intramural fields with him. There is a regular group of dogs and their owners who meet there between 7:30 and 8:15 most mornings. After work I load him up in the car and take him to a large dog park for about an hour.

I used to resent the time I spent chasing him around the park, but he's gotten more managable, and I have to admit that I actually enjoy the walks now.

This afternoon was particularly pleasant. The weather was in the 70s, not too hot - not too cold, if a little humid. The recent rains greened things up.

There's a walking trail around the park, and I notice that I'm one of the few who get off the beaten path. I've been that way most of my life. Davis and I have exlpored some cool places down by the creek.

Today hundreds of little yellow butterflies were darting around one part of the meadow, only a few inches off the ground. And I collected several kinds of wild flower seeds. I tried to take some pictures, but the camera couldn't capture the beauty my eyes could see.

I've had Davis for 6 months now. I still think about finding another home for him, but I doubt he's going anywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home