Saturday, November 18, 2006

Back in the groove


This has been a wonderful Austin day. The weather was perfect and the whole day was filled with cool activities.

This morning at 9:30 Davis and I went to Hoops' house. Her friend A.D., the 6'2" ex-UT basketball player was visiting. The three of us had cordial breaksfast and then Ms. B. joined us. Davis stayed with Hoops' dogs while the rest of us spent the most of the day at the East Austin Studio Tour.

Out of 120 studios, we only made it to about 15 of them. I liked the Gallery Dv8 and Terra Firma Studios best. We also discovered the Peacock Cocktail Lounge.

About 3:00 I went home to rest, but first stopped at the library and picked up a couple of books on CD for my upcoming road trip. I found a book by Isabel Allende and one by William Gibson. I'm looking forward to listening to both of them, these are two of my favorite authors.

At 6:30 Hoops and A.D. picked me up and we went to a private party for a while. Wonderful food and music by the Studebakers. Then it was on to Jovita's for another party with music by Myrna Cabello and the Gris Gris band. And finally we stopped by the South Austin Museum of Popular Culture for their Jingle Tex event.

It's sure nice to be back in the Austin groove again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home