Thursday, January 25, 2007

Angry white boy music

My insurance company repaired my car after the accident. During the time it was in the shop I had a rental car. The rental was a bigger car than I'm used to and I didn't like it much. Its one redeeming feature was that it had a satellite radio.

I kept the radio tuned to channel 34, called Boombox, which plays what I like to call "Angry white boy" music. Bands such as Rage Against the Machine, The Prodigy, and Daft Punk.

When I mentioned this to Ms. Pixels she reminded me that I had a lot to be angry about, so it was no wonder I was using this music to help get some of my aggression out. A week after the accident I went during my lunch hour to pay the court cost for my ticket and sign up for defensive driving. On the way back to the office I got in the wrong lane and, while trying to correct my course, I followed the car in front of me through a red light. About 7-8 motorcycle cops were watching the intersection and giving tickets to all who ran the light.

When the officer pulled in behind me, I didn't have a clue that he was about to stop me. At that point I didn't realize I'd done anything wrong. Was I bummed when he pulled me over! I appealed to him not to give me a ticket, but to no avail. And this one is going to cost more than the first one.

For awhile there I was also stressed and frustrated because I couldn't find a place to live, but that problem has been solved now. I found half a duplex with a bathtub and a fenced yard. It's very small, about the size of my present place. But it's enough for me, Davis, and the Catgirls. We move in this weekend.

The rental car's gone back now and things are under control on the transportation front. I miss the satellite radio, although my need for angry white boy music seems to be diminishing. Finding a place to move helps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home