Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Mardi Gras (NOT)

Well, I missed Mardi Gras yet another year.

In case no one's noticed, I haven't been posting much lately. It really irks me to have to access my blog with a Google account. I don't have time to move, however, so I guess this is going to have to do for now.

I'm loving my new house and old neighborhood. I didn't appreciate it when I lived here before, but this time I'm in a better circumstance. Things are falling into place in the house and I'm meeting all these cool new neighbors. Bless Davis, there's no better avenue to meeting people than to have a dog.

This is old news, but wanted to record what I did a couple of week ends ago. At the Arms Around Northcross event, over 2000 people joined hands and made a ring around Northcross Mall in protest of the Wal Mart that an evil developer is proposing to build there. If you like, you can read all about it here.

It was a great event with a lot of "people power" energy and camaraderie. Don't know if it will do any good in the long run. The city seems dead set on allowing the Wal Mart to be built.

If you have a few hours to kill and can ignore bad presentation skills, the information in this video is extremely interesting: The Pharmacratic Inquisition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home