Thursday, February 15, 2007

Medical marijuana bill filed -- HB 1534

The last few times I tried to log on to the Tea Pad, Blogger wouldn't let me do it unless I opened a Google account. I've been resisting because I didn't want a Google account. But I had to give in and open one tonight because there's some news that just had to be reported.

The Texas medical marijuana bill was finally filed today. Not the one that the ladies at Texans for Medical Marijuana have been working on for the past year, which would have provided for a patient registry, and no arrest for a registered patient.

Instead, the people of Texas got a greatly watered down affirmative defense provision. It's a shame that all our state can offer us is a chance to fight for our right to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth in a court of law. And the sad thing is, even winning that fight seems like a long shot.

It's enough to make a person want to up and move to Oregon.

HB 1534

2 Comments:

Blogger Nina said...

i hope oregon becomes the first state to decriminalize mj. we have moved in the right direction by making it legal for medical patients.

i hear you on being forced to sign up with a google account. i, too, kept refusing until i no longer had a choice. seems rather draconian to me. i have considered moving my blog elsewhere.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Myst0nia said...

Well, at least the patients in your state can get medical marijuana. That's light years ahead of us here in Texas.

I'm hoping that after 2008 the US Congress will decriminalize it for everyone, which would make our job so much easier.

Thanks for the comment

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home