Friday, June 22, 2007

Summer Solstice

Last evening was the epitome of a beautiful early summer evening. When Davis and I were at the dog park the temperature was about 81 degrees. Around sunset, the sky was half full of clouds and was every single shade of blue in the spectrum. We have had so much rain -- this is the wettest year on record -- the wildflowers are spectacular.

I'd had an invitation from the Divine Miss Kate to attend a Solstice observation at Barton Springs Pool at 9:00. It was tempting but I didn't make it. Davis and I celebrated Gaia and Sol on our walk.

I've been keeping a pretty low profile these past few weeks. After a visit to Near Walmartland to help my grandson celebrate his 5th birthday a couple of weeks ago, I've just been walking the dog and vegging most evenings.

The CD that's been in heavy rotation in my car these days is Sean Paul's Trinity. At home I've been listening to the radio. The other night I heard a Tom Waites song and it made me think of an old friend, who I hope is doing wonderfully well these days. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home