Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Good times

The picture here is a scene from a performance of Mozart's The Magic Flute that Pixels and I attended last Friday evening with her friend, Dr. Zhivago. According to the Austin 360 headline: UT tries new technology with 'The Magic Flute'--International production pushes the envelope

The lyrics were in modern English and 21st century technology produced a spectacle that would have astounded and delighted Mozart.

That's just one of the cool things I did last week end. On Saturday morning Hoops and I made it to Eastside Cafe at 7:30 to participate in their first Crack of Dawn garden party. We planted herbs, sifted and hauled compost, and helped build a "living compost" bed. Then we had mimosas, fruit and some wonderful bread. It was a great way to enjoy a morning and we learned lots of organic gardening tips too.

So the past week end turned out better than the one before. I had that one all planned. On Saturday I was going to the Impeach Bush and Cheney parade, then that evening I was going to go with Pix and Dr. Z to stand outside Stubb's to catch Bob Dylan's show.

At 5:00 Friday afternoon, however, I got a call from Son #1 saying that he and his family were coming for the week end. I was glad to get to spend time with them, but they did alter my plans.
On Saturday we visited the Texas State History Museum. Then Sunday we all took a trip up to Mt. Bonnell.

Those are the exciting moments of my life lately, except for the party I went to with Pixels at the Blanton Art Museum a couple of weeks ago. The rest of the time things have been pretty quiet. Work, Tai Chi, dog-walking, reading, and sleep take up the majority of my time. I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home