Sunday, February 24, 2008

Obama, Ann, and the Beats

It's been a great week end, with just the right mix of activity and relaxation.

Friday night Son #2 and I hopped the bus downtown to the Obama rally. I think I may have actually seen Obama onstage after his speech was over, but I'm not positive. Because of the size of the crowd I couldn't even see the stage while he was speaking.

He certainly made all the right noises. I can't imagine that the powers-that-be are going to let him carry out his progressive ideas, if he is, indeed, even serious about them. Hope I'm wrong.

Son #2 ran into a friend who told us about an estate sale where items from Ann Richards' estate were being offered. So on Saturday morning we went to that. I bought two excellent books from Ann's library, The Trials of Lenny Bruce: The Fall and Rise of An American Icon and In Search of Memory: The Emergence of a New Science of Mind.

Today I spent the morning doing housework. It feels so nice having a clean apartment. This afternoon I rode the bus down to the Harry Ransom Center on the UT campus to check out the latest exhibit, On the Road with the Beats. I ate dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Veggie Heaven; had a wonderful eggplant and tofu dish, along with some Almond Bubble Tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home